VIDEO: Explosion rocks Yobe varsity, students’ hostel razed

Fire resulting from gas cylinder explosion Tuesday night razed the female hostel block at Yobe State University Damaturu.

Blueprint gathered that the fire started around 7:20pm.

The fire burnt down the complete block of the new Female students’ Hostel.

A reliable source revealed that there was no lost of life but five asthmatic students lost consciousness after inhaling high smoke and have been rushed to the hospital for medical attention.

The school authorities were yet to comment on the incident as at time of filling this report.