Home / World Stage / Teenager wakes up suddenly on his way to his own funeral

Teenager wakes up suddenly on his way to his own funeral

A teenager whose relatives believed had died woke up suddenly on his way to his own funeral.
Kumar Marewad, 17, ended up on a ventilator after he was bitten by a dog and his condition deteriorated rapidly.
His family in Managundi village, India, was told that doctors believed that he would not survive so he was taken off life support at the private hospital where he was being treated.

His brother-in-law, Sharanappa Naikar, told the Times of India: ‘We had decided to take Kumar home after doctors told us his chances of survival were bleak once taken off the ventilator.’
However, a mile from where the funeral was due to take place, Kumar showed signs of life.
He opened his eyes, he started breathing rapidly and his hands and legs were moving so he was taken back to hospital.
Dr Mahesh Neelakhantannavar said: ‘Kumar is on ventilator. We suspect he suffers from meningoencephalitis, an infection caused due to dog bite.’

About BluePrint Newspapers

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

x

Check Also

Monitor lizard from Thailand stows away to Britain in travellr’s suitcase

Animal rescuers in Britain said a vacationer returning from Thailand received a shock recently when they realized a monitor lizard had stowed away in their luggage. The RSPCA for Stafford, Wolverhampton & District said the 6-inch-long lizard had concealed itself in a suitcase filled with diving equipment, and took a 6,000 mile ride in the suitcase from Thailand to the luggage owner’s home in Chapel-en-le-Frith, Derbyshire. RSPCA Animal Welfare Officer Steve Wickham ...