#EndSARS Relief Fund: Lagos council unveils list of 99 applicants

The Agboyi-Ketu Local Council Development Area in Lagos state Tuesday unveiled a list of 99 applicants for its N10 million Relief Fund for victims of the violence of last month’s #EndSARS protest.

Also, the council will today conduct a face-to-face interview and screening November 11 and Thursday, November 12 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.

The chairman of the council, Mr Dele Oshinowo, had set up the Fund on October 31 to cushion the effect of the violence on victims whose businesses and properties were destroyed during the protest.

Many public and private properties were either razed or looted by hoodlums who hijacked the protest.

In a statement jointly signed by the chairman and secretary respectively of the council’s relief committee, Mr Abdulwaheed Odunuga and Mr Adeoba Adewale, confirmed that only 99 applicants submitted application forms.

The statement said the list of the applicants was made public to ensure transparency in the process and for subsequent disbursement of the fund.

“As agreed by the committee, the submission of claims forms came to an end on November 9.

“Further afield, the committee announced that a face-to-face interview and screening will be held for two days on Wednesday, November 11 and Thursday, November 12 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.

“The aim of the screening is to give room for expression to all applicants in order to ensure that confirmed victims are shortlisted,’’ the statement said.

The #EndSARS protests in Lagos took a violent dimension following the Lekki tollgate shootings on October 20 which allegedly resulted in loss of lives.

UNI Agric Markurdi
Blueprint Whatsapp

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply