The Ebonyi state command of Ebubeagu Security Network, Monday, said the outfit is not afraid of gunmen.
Two members of the outfit were Friday night reportedly killed by gunmen at Ebebe junction in Abakaliki metropolis while on duty.
Subsequently, a viral video by a masked man with two Ak-47 rifles broke out on Sunday threatening to kill some prominent officials of Ebonyi state government alongside a few members of Ebubeagu operatives.
But Ebubeagu commandant in the state, Friday Major, while reacting to the viral video threat, said the operative was not afraid of the gunmen.
He described the killings of Ebubeagu operatives in the state as politically motivated.
“They attacked my men on Friday night because there were rumors on Thursday so we lay more ambushes and we became more security conscious. At Ebebe junction on Friday evening, they attacked our men. Unfortunately, they killed two of my men but Ebubeagu doesn’t relent no matter what you do, you can’t go scot-free.
“On our investigations and cordoned off to attack, we managed to arrest so many of them at least two have confessed that they are the ones that killed one Ebubeagu member with matches last month. They have AK-47s and made more confessionary statement, including the recent attack at Ebebe junction on Friday. We have handed them over to the police for more investigation.
“If we panic, that means we are not Ebubeagu. We are not afraid of them. From that video, you will know that it is political. The people they mention their names are my people. Power they called is SA on Internal Security, and Ugo is EDC on Internal Security; almost all of them are our men. The other people are chairmen of local government sunder APC.”